Powered by Blogger.

Prepping my skin for the weekened with - Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Overnight Peel





I have been enjoying using the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Overnight Peel for about two months once a week. The naturally radiant glycolic peel is an overnight treatment. It is a gel formula. I apply it at night  and wash it off in the morning as instructed.

 I have found that my skin is always very glowy and soft after using this.  As instructed I always wear sun protection after using this product to avoid damaging my skin. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid. If you want to learn more about glycolic acid and other alpha hydroxy acids (AHA's) -CLICK HERE


My post glycolic acid peel tips

  • I would recommend that you wear suncreen after using this product. I use spf 50 just to make sure I get maximum protection. AHA's increase your skins sensitivity to the sun so it is always best to avoid sun exposure after in order to protect your skin.
  • I avoid exfoliating with other products for a few days.
  • I always make sure i moisturise my skin.
  • I drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol intake to make sure my skin stays fully hydrated. 




Why it works?
The superdrug overnight glycolic peel contains the following: 

Gylcolic acid - This is a chemical exfoliant.
Kiwi fruit extract - This is a powerful antioxidant .
Mulberry fruit extract -It has skin brightening properties.



Pros 

  • Inexepensive - I actually bought it on a 2 for 1 deal.
  • Available on the high street, in most super drug stores.
  • After using this product my skin is usually smooth and radiant  in the morning.
  • Easily absorbs into my skin.
  • Overnight treatment.
  • It does not stain or bleach my pillows.
  • It did not dry out my skin.

Cons

  • It does not state on the box nor the superdrug website the concentrations of the glycolic acid or the other ingredients.
  • It didn't get rid of my hyperpigmentation overnight but I didn't expect it to.







Follow


No comments