Powered by Blogger.

Paulas choice -SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA LIQUID

Image source :Paulas choice 
Description  (from Paulas choice website)
Shrink enlarged pores with this 2% liquid salicylic acid leave-on exfoliant that removes old skin cells both on the skin's surface and inside the pore.
  • Unclogs & diminishes enlarged pores
  • Creates radiant, even-toned skin
  • Reduces redness & builds collagen
  • 100% fragrance and colourant-free

Why it works?

Paulas choice is a brand that prides itself in producing well-researched innovative products. One of these products includes the BHA 2% liquid. It contains BHA (Salicylic acid) at 2%.
At 2% the pH of the Paula's choice BHA is between 3.2 % - 3.8 which allows for maximal activity.
It is mild enough to be used everyday or every other day.

What we think?


Like with most of my new skin care products I did a patch test before using this product on my face. It comes in a liquid consistency. I used it every evening for two weeks after cleansing. As chemical exfoliants can increase your sensitivity to the sun I made sure I wore a broadspectrum spf sun protection in the daytime. The BHA liquid gives an immediate glow to the skin. I am used to mechanical exfoliation so using a chemical exfoliant was different, it was easier and quicker.

I have not used this product long enough to see a  difference on my post inflammatory hyperpigmentantion. Howeever I will do a quick review on this in about a months time on instagram @theskindirectory

Pros


  • The BHA by Paulas choice comes in a bottle which is easy to dispense.
  • The great thing about Paulas choice is you can buy sample sizes which allow you to sample the product before buying the bigger size.
  • The sample size also goes a long way. Mine lasted two weeks and I was using it everyday in the evening.
  • Paulas choice send you a booklet with instructions on how to use the product.
  • My skin was still glowy the next morning after using this product.
  • I had a few spots on my chin and after using this product for  a week they had completely dissapeared.
  • I applied it with a cotton wool pad and found that it also removed excess makeup which was not removed during the cleansing process.
  • It was not drying to the skin.
  • It absorbed very quickly into the skin.
  • I felt it helped my other skin care products absorb better into the skin.
  • There were clear instructions on the packing/bottle on how to use it
  • Fragrance and colourant-free





Cons


  • In the UK I could only find Paulas choice on their website. 

Buying advice


This product is available on the Paulas choice website. The delivery was very fast.



References 


  • Merinville, E., Laloeuf, A., Moran, G., Jalby, O., & Rawlings, A. V. (2009). Exfoliation for sensitive skin with neutralized salicylic acid? International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 31(3), 243-244. doi:10.1111/j.1468-2494.2009.00501_2.x
  • Paulas choice -http://www.paulaschoice.co.uk/skin-perfecting-2-beta-hydroxy-acid-liquid-exfoliant.html
  • No comments